There are many different types of travel reward cards. Airline reward cards give the opportunity to fly for free or for a reduced price, making your vacation or business trip more affordable. Dining Reward cards help with the cost of restaurant meals, a major expense when traveling. Cashback cards give you a percentage back on all of your purchases, while gas rewards cards pay you to make purchases at the gas station. Hotel reward card purchases earn you points that can be redeemed for free or discounted nights and other hotel expenses.
If you're looking for a good Hotel Credit card, the World of Hyatt Credit Card is right up your alley.
4 Points Per $1 Spent at Hyatt Properties; 2 Points Per $1 Spent on Direct Airline Purchases, Restaurants, Fitness Services, and Local Transit Purchases
The information related to the World of Hyatt credit card has been collected by Money Crashers and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
The World of Hyatt Credit Card is a Chase card with a $95 annual fee and a solid rewards program that favors regular Hyatt guests. It earns an unlimited 4 Hyatt points per $1 spent at Hyatt properties; an unlimited 2 points per $1 spent on direct airfare purchases, restaurant purchases, local transit and commuting purchases, and fitness and gym membership purchases; and 1 point per $1 on everything else.
This card has a generous, 2-part sign-up bonus too: 40,000 bonus points when you spend at least $3,000 in the first 3 months of card membership, then 20,000 additional bonus points with $6,000 total spend in the first 6 months. That’s worth up to 12 free nights at participating properties.
You can redeem your points for free nights at Hyatt properties worldwide. Redemption minimums start at 5,000 points (2,500 when you combine points and cash) for basic Category 1 hotels and rise to 30,000 points for luxurious Category 7 hotels. Other card benefits include automatic Discoverist status in the World of Hyatt loyalty program.
- Sign-up Bonus. When you spend at least $3,000 within 3 months of sign-up, you get 40,000 bonus points. You get another 20,000 bonus Hyatt points when you spend a total of $6,000 in eligible purchases in the first 6 months.
- Hotel Rewards. This card earns an unlimited 4 Hyatt points per $1 spent at Hyatt properties; an unlimited 2 points per $1 spent at restaurants, on local transit and commuting purchases, on fitness and gym memberships, and on direct airline purchases (not through third-party sites such as Expedia); and an unlimited 1 point per $1 spent on everything else.
- Redemption. You can redeem your Hyatt points for free room nights and upgrades at Hyatt properties worldwide. The free night redemption threshold starts at 5,000 points for standard rooms in Category 1 (lowest) hotels and rises to 30,000 points for standard rooms in Category 7 (highest) hotels. You can combine points and cash (called Points + Cash) to earn free night faster – for instance, 2,500 points plus $50 earns a free Category 1 night, while 15,000 points plus $300 earns a free Category 7 night. Point values vary based on category and property – for instance, the Category 1 Hyatt Place Phoenix-North (Arizona) starts at $110 per night for a standard midweek room, while the ultra-luxe Category 7 Park Hyatt New York starts at $917 per night for a standard midweek room. Points are generally more valuable when redeemed at higher-end properties. Redemption thresholds are subject to change at any time.
- Preferred Customer Status. This card automatically comes with Hyatt Discoverist status, which includes late check-out flexibility, 10% bonus on points earned on Hyatt stays, and complimentary in-room Internet access.
- Key Fees. There is a $95 annual fee. There is no foreign transaction fee. Balance transfers cost the greater of $5 or 5%, and cash advances cost the greater of $10 or 5%. Late and returned payments cost $37 each.
- Introductory APR. There is no intro APR promotion.
- Other Perks. You get a free award night (valid at Category 1 through 4 properties) on your cardmember anniversary, provided your account remains open and in good standing. You get another free award night in any cardmember anniversary year during which you spend at least $15,000 ineligible purchases.